Decathlon, a newly opened store, will bring a smile on the faces of all sports enthusiasts. I was impressed on my first visit to the store this week that’s when I decided to write this review because I feel parents should visit the store with their kids. It might transform your couch potatoes into fitness enthusiasts.
Our children are hooked to their gadgets when at home, it is time to nudge them out of homes to explore various interesting sports. The store offers a great opportunity to Gurgaonites to indulge in some unique outdoor activities. Decathlon boasts of striving to make sports accessible to all.
Decathlon has 28 stores across India with 4 more stores coming up shortly and this takes the number to a whopping 32 stores. It caters to 50 sports and 5000 products, so you can well imagine the size of the store. Products are arrayed in a very structured manner into different sections, making it easy to navigate through the store. So far I have seen small and cluttered sports stores but Decathlon sets a new benchmark for others in the arena.
What makes it unique –
• Apart from the regular sports stuff like racket sports, skating, football etc, you can also get all equipments and accessories related to specific sports/ activities like Fishing, Archery, Boxing, Hunting, Horse riding, Camping, Combat Sports, Watersports which are not easily available in any stores in Gurgaon.
• There is a nice play ground outside the store where you can check the product before buying. So what are you waiting for….. Pick up a football, kick it, check it then and there, buy it. The concept makes the whole buying experience a unique one. Unfortunately, it being a cold winter night I gave it a miss.
• I have not noticed any marketing campaigns, billboards or full page newspaper advertisements for Decathlon which are a norm for any branded store these days. I believe this results in competitively priced products.
• Everything from R&D to Manufacturing of products is in house. Goods are manufactured across 19 countries which are famous for the respective stuff. Like Running Shoes are manufactured in Vietnam, Apparels in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, cycles in Turkey, Golf accessories in China, Football in Pakistan so on and so forth.
• Each and every product in the store has a 2 year guarantee.
• If you purchased a football then for some reasons you could not use it. This unused football can be exchanged or amount refunded after any number of years. This means there is lifetime exchange facility for unused goods. Amazing, isn’t it?
• When I went for payment on billing counter the guy asked if I wish to receive the duplicate bill on my mail id. I was more than happy with this choice as it freed me from the hassle of keeping the hard copy of bill for future reference. • I was really amused to see that they have a Customer Happiness Officer which shows that they give due importance to customer satisfaction. The staff appeared knowledgeable of the field and passionate about their job. The staff looked different from any other retail outlet, they were helpful and pleasant to talk to.
This is an honest and impartial review based on my personal experience during visit to the store. I would love to know whether you like, dislike, agree or disagree with my views. Keep sharing! If you want to know about a product/store/restaurant related to kids in Gurgaon then please write to me at email@example.com, I would love to review and write about it here.